Scheme for Support for Minority Students clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, State Public Service Commissio ns. etc
Following forms are available for downloads
National Commission on Religious and Linguistic Minorities in its report has highlighted that all communities and groups should have equal share in economic opportunities and employment. It envisages proactive measures feo r those communities that lag behind and become increasingly marginalized. Hence interventions in the form of Government programs need to help these communities, with earmarking of targets on (1)- Self employment and Wage employment and (2) Recruitment to State and Central Services .
An exclusive scheme was launched during theth 11 Five Year Plan Period to provide pre- examination coaching for competitive examinations in government and private institutions for candidates from minority communities .
The representation of the Minority C ommunities in the Civil Services continue to be lower compared to the ratio of their popula tion.Recruitment of minority candidates as reported by Ministry of Personnel , Public Grievance and Pensions, Department of Personnel and Training ( D oPT) was ,8 .23% ; 9.90%; 7.28% and 11.9 % in 2007 -08;2008 -09; 20-09 10; and 2010-11 respectively . This calls for policy intervention in the form of special support for minorities to clear the compet itive Civil Services Examinations .
The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial support to the minority candidates clearing prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission and State Public Service Commissions to adequately equip them to compete for appointment to Civil Services in the Union and the State Governments and to increase the representation of the minority in the Civil Services by giving direct financial support to candidates clearing Preliminary Examination of Group A and B Gazetted and non-Gazetted posts of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC); State Public Service Commissions (SPSCs) and Staff Selection Commission (SSC ) etc.
Implementing Agency and Eligibility: Ministry of Minority Affairs will be t he implementing agency and only candidates belonging to notified Minority Communities who clear the Prelim examinations conducted by UPSC, SPSC or SSC etc. and fulfill all other eligibility criteria and conditions will be considered for financial support under the scheme Eligibility criteria and conditions of the Scheme will be as follows:
- The candidate should belong to one of the Minority communities notified under Section 2 (C ) of National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 and should have passed the Prelims Examination conducted by UPSC, SPSC or SSC etc.
- Total family income of the candidates from all sources should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakh per annul *.
- The financial support can be availed b y a candidate only once. The candidate will not be eligible to benefit from a ny other similar Scheme of the Central or State Governments /UT Administrations. In case the candidate decides to opt for other Schemes; he/she will have to forgo the claim from this Ministry and refund the amount if already availed with 10% interest He / she needs to give an affidavit to the effect, that he /she is not availing such benefit from any other source.
Note*: Income from all sources which has been projected as Rs . 4.5 lakh in para 3 (ii) above is subject to change with change in creamy layer exemption/ceiling over the 12th plan period and beyond.
Every year Ministry of Minority Affairs will advertise for inviting applications from eligible candidates through News Papers and on its website. Eligible candidates will apply to this Ministry on the pro forma developed for this purpose under the Scheme.
Every year up to a maximum of 800 candidates will be given financial support under the scheme throughout the country on fulfilling the eligibility criteria till the budgetary allocation is exhausted. Selection of the candidates will be based on merit in case of limited number of slots available for any particular community. Till the Census of 2011 is available the Ministry will use the figures of 2001 Census. The physical distribution of benefits to different notified minority communities will be as follow s:
Muslims: 584; Christians:96 ;Sikhs:80 ; Buddhists: 32 ; and Parsis: 8.
The rate of financial assistance will be maximum Rs. Fifty thousand (Rs. 50,000/- for Gazette d Post; and Rs 25,000/- for- Non Gazetted Post) only as support to the minority candidates who have cleared the Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commissions; Staff Selection Commissions or State Public Service Commissions etc for Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ Civil Services
- The candidate should submit the proof of passing of preliminary examination conducted by Union Public Services Commissions, State Public Services Commission, Staff Selection Commission etc. or equal examination for Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ ( Gazetted and Non Gazetted ) Civil Services. This consists of Roll Number slip, Identity Card and Result.
- The candidate should submit the proof of income of the family from the all sources. The annual Income Certificate should be issued by a Competent Authority as may deem fit by State Government/UT Administration .The candidate should submit Affidavit / Certificate for community proof to be issued by the Competent Authority.
100% financial support will be provided to the selected candidates through a Nationalized Bank as this is a Central Sector Scheme. (CSS)Payment will be through ECS/RTGS/Cheque/e-payment Aadhaar number will be mandatory for candidates coming from 121 DBT Districts presently. In consequent years Aadhaar number will be mandatory for all candidates seeking support under this Scheme.
|a)||Secretary (Minority Affairs)||Chairperson|
|b)||Financial Advisor (Minority Affairs) / or his/her representative||Member|
|c)||Joint Secretary (SS) (Minority Affairs)||Member|
|d)||Representative from DoPT not below the rank of Director;||Member|
|e)||Representative from Ministry of HRD not below the rank of Director||Member|
|f)||Representative from Ministry of Labour not below the rank of Director||Member|
|g)||Representative from UGC not below the rank of Director||Member|
|h)||Deputy Secretary/Direct or (SS) (Minority Affairs)||Convener|
A monitoring mechanism would be put in place to see that there is timely disbursal of amount through the concerned banks so that the selected students do not suffer due to delay. Evaluation of the scheme will be taken up after 3 years of its implementation through an independent and specialized agency. Impact assessment will be conducted towards the end of the 12th Plan Period.